Displaying the right page

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Displaying the right page

Postby Seoke » 04. August 2007 07:07

When one of my friends or I try to go to my ip address we get a popup box asking for a username and password.. I have no idea what it is and all I want it to display is whats in /htdocs/index.html
Seoke

Postby glitzi85 » 04. August 2007 10:54

Please post the same question only in one Board or reference to the other Post. Otherwise People will answer your Question in one Board and afterwards notice that it's already answered in the other Board!

To your Question: What have you done to get this "Popup Box"? This Box will not appear only by installing XAMPP.

Please provide more Information:
-Are we talking about your Home Computer or an public Server?
-Are you using the XAMPP Package?
-Which Operating System (thats very unclear as you posted in Windows AND Linux Board)

glitzi
glitzi85

Re: Displaying the right page

Postby Izzy » 04. August 2007 10:57

Seoke wrote:When one of my friends or I try to go to my ip address we get a popup box asking for a username and password.. I have no idea what it is and all I want it to display is whats in /htdocs/index.html

Is there anything that is not clear or anything you don't quite understand in the readme_en.txt file found in the xampp root directory?
In my installation it is in:
C:\xampp\readme_en.txt
Your location may be different.

After you have read it post any questions you might have here.

=================================================
Take a look at the new DeskTopXampp launch control posted by ridgewood:
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopi ... 967#103967

The DeskTopXampp launch control for XAMPP and XAMPPlite (DTX.exe)
is available here:
http://zedfiles.com/DTX/

I highly recommend DTX.
=================================================
Last edited by Izzy on 02. September 2007 05:06, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy

Postby Seoke » 04. August 2007 11:41

glitzi85 wrote:Please post the same question only in one Board or reference to the other Post. Otherwise People will answer your Question in one Board and afterwards notice that it's already answered in the other Board!

To your Question: What have you done to get this "Popup Box"? This Box will not appear only by installing XAMPP.

Please provide more Information:
-Are we talking about your Home Computer or an public Server?
-Are you using the XAMPP Package?
-Which Operating System (thats very unclear as you posted in Windows AND Linux Board)

glitzi

Its a completely clean install I havent changed anything. I'm using my home computer. I'm using lampp straight from the archive manager to my /opt/ folder. I'm using Linux (Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn)
Seoke

Postby Wiedmann » 04. August 2007 12:12

When one of my friends or I try to go to my ip address we get a popup box asking for a username and password..

That's a login authentication from your router.

If you want access your local webserver from the internet, you must first configure your router (port-mappings).
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby Seoke » 04. August 2007 12:36

Port mapping? I already port forwarded port 80... what else do I need to do?

Btw I tried to use the user and pass for the router and it said it was wrong so idk if that means anything?
Seoke

Return to XAMPP for Linux