Can I write script PHP file by using Note pad text editor?

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Can I write script PHP file by using Note pad text editor?

Postby x4daniel » 24. May 2007 21:30

I do not know which program or text editor that I can write a script file for PHP database?
Can I just use the note pad to write it and save sa extesion .php like html?

Some body know?
x4daniel

Postby vavroom » 25. May 2007 12:51

Yes, you can use just a plain text editor to write your php script, and save using the .php extension. Believe it or not, for the longest time Notepad (Windows) was pretty much the only option available to write HTML pages (php, asp and those scripting languages weren't on the horizon yet!). And yes, that dates me ;)
Nic
"A community that excludes even one of its members is not community at all" - D. Wilkins
vavroom

Thanks for your input.

Postby x4daniel » 25. May 2007 13:13

I thank you for your input.

I also have a nother question how to make PHP work with MySQL. What ist the idea behind the PHP and MYSQL . They are......
Is MySQL a server or just a database program for create query database table?

I am new learner so please help.
x4daniel

Postby vavroom » 25. May 2007 13:41

Google is your friend :)
Nic
"A community that excludes even one of its members is not community at all" - D. Wilkins
vavroom

Bluefish

Postby graeme1972 » 01. June 2007 09:39

You may want to look at Oracle's "technology stack" docs to get an idea how an o/s, db and web server fit together along with different server and client side scripting languages. If all this sounds Greek then first try understand the difference between a client and server ;)

Programming environment?
I use bluefish though would recommend JDeveloper if you require an IDE with fancy bits and bobs.
graeme1972

Postby kthxbai2u » 24. June 2007 02:23

vavroom wrote: Believe it or not, for the longest time Notepad (Windows) was pretty much the only option available to write HTML pages (php, asp and those scripting languages weren't on the horizon yet!). And yes, that dates me ;)

WAS a time? I still use notepad (when im on windows :-/) NOTEPAD PWNNZZZ!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :shock:
kthxbai2u

Return to XAMPP for Linux