Does anyone know how to install Drupal on XAMPP?

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Postby pronto » 20. May 2007 23:24

I only have experience isntalling Apache+MySQL+PHP on Windows. Trying to install each individually for Linux is detective work, I don't have that much time to read stuff anymore.

I'm thinking that installing Drupal fresh for LAMP won't work the same on the XAMPP setup. Certain configurations seems to be set in stone in XAMPP unless you want to break things. Or am I wrong?

So how do you install Drubpal on XAMPP properly?
pronto

Postby vavroom » 27. May 2007 09:58

I've only done it once, yonks ago. Standard xampp install. once xampp is installed and running, I just used the download of drupal and followed the instructions. Don't remember doing anything funky.

In the end I opted for Mambo and Wordpress ;)
Nic
"A community that excludes even one of its members is not community at all" - D. Wilkins
vavroom

Postby kthxbai2u » 24. June 2007 02:29

Why would you install drupal? I heard www.codinggroundz.com has something thats going to EAT DRUPAL ALIVE!!! haha.... Too bad its not done yet... Thanks to me for the tip ;)

<note> I've removed my insults about drupal to prevent future issues with their community :P
kthxbai2u

Return to XAMPP for Linux