Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Help!!!

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Help!!!

Postby tbadawy » 23. March 2007 15:34

Hi all I'mtrying to move my current xampp server to a new box. So I did a fresh install of xampp and copied the htdocs folder from the old server and put it on my new server. I had a bunch of errors at first but adding the line
allow_url_include = On to my php.ini file fixed most of them. But I still have this error

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'generic'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/watercooler/scripts/db_open.php on line 2

This is line 2 from db_open.php
$conn = mysql_pconnect($hostname_TestSQL, $username_TestSQL, $password_TestSQL)

Anybody have a solution!!!!! :shock:
tbadawy

Postby Wiedmann » 23. March 2007 16:55

The password $password_TestSQL for user $username_TestSQL is wrong or user $username_TestSQL does not exists.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

user or password doesn't exist or is wrong

Postby tbadawy » 24. March 2007 03:59

Where would the file that defines these variables reside? The file db_open.php doesn't mention where these variables are defined. :?:
tbadawy

Postby Wiedmann » 24. March 2007 04:03

Where would the file that defines these variables reside?

I don't know, it's your script. And if it's not your script, ask the author (documentation) of that script.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby tbadawy » 27. March 2007 02:24

I can't he doesn't work for the company anymore. I thought he was just using a generic phpmailer script with a few customized entries. I highly doubt he did everything from scratch. He is using wamp and if he were the type to do it from scratch he woul probably build the server from scratch also.

Do you know of any phpmailer templates.

:?:
tbadawy

Return to XAMPP for Linux