Re: XAMPP bin locations and Net::SSLeay install...

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: XAMPP bin locations and Net::SSLeay install...

Postby hofedijw » 05. September 2003 16:37

Hi,

The install went perfect. This program saved me hours of compiling.

But now I am trying to understand how to make the rest of the system realize that the programs are in /opt/lampp/ instead of /bin, /sbin, and /usr.
I have made links to some of the directories and had to add a few links to some lib files (mainly openssl which seems to be my problem). For webmin, I tried to install Net::SSLeay (for webmin SSL) and I get lots of file not found errors compiling even though I told it to look for openssl in /opt/lampp (which it found)).

I am afraid I am going to have the same type of problems when I install other programs that use openssl on the server. Net::SSLeay said that it needed to compile with the same compiler as perl and openssl.

I am using RedHat 8 on a Pentium 4 server. Any ideas?? Other than that SSL issue, everything is perfect

Joe
hofedijw

Postby nemesis » 05. September 2003 22:29

have you tested it with the developer package? its on the Xampp for windows page listed
Ubuntu 18.04 | SMP P3 1.4 GHz | 6 GByte RegECC | 74 GByte Seagate 15k5 system | 3Ware 9550SXU-4LP with 4x 500 GByte Seagate ES2 Raid 10 data | StoreCase DE400 | PX-230A | Intel Pro/1000MT Dual PCI-X
nemesis
AF Moderator

XAMPP version: depends
Operating System: Linux, BSD, Win, iOS, Android

Return to XAMPP for Linux