File and Folder Permissions

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

File and Folder Permissions

Postby don_pucci » 14. February 2007 20:54

I am new to linux and am currently using xampp 1.5.5a on Ubuntu 6.10.

I was wondering if there was some sort of document on what the final file and folder permissions should be for each sub-directory under the /opt/lampp directory for maximum security and usability.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
don_pucci

Re: File and Folder Permissions

Postby don_pucci » 15. February 2007 21:24

I have found this so far:

chmod 777 /opt/lampp/htdocs

any ideas for the /myphpadmin folder?

don_pucci wrote:I am new to linux and am currently using xampp 1.5.5a on Ubuntu 6.10.

I was wondering if there was some sort of document on what the final file and folder permissions should be for each sub-directory under the /opt/lampp directory for maximum security and usability.

don_pucci

Re: File and Folder Permissions

Postby don_pucci » 16. February 2007 02:57

so basically I did a chmod -R 777 /opt/lampp now all files and folders have improper permissions. Is there any way to restore them or do I have to uninstall/reinstall?

don_pucci wrote:I have found this so far:

chmod 777 /opt/lampp/htdocs

any ideas for the /myphpadmin folder?

don_pucci wrote:I am new to linux and am currently using xampp 1.5.5a on Ubuntu 6.10.

don_pucci

Return to XAMPP for Linux