Upgrading from 1.4.13

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Upgrading from 1.4.13

Postby peterkrich » 29. June 2006 11:52

Friends,

I am a bit behind the times. I need to upgrade from 1.4.13 to 1.5.3. Unfortunately, I can not find detailed instructions and I am not an expert in Linux. I am running SuSE 9.2.

If anyone could help, I would appreciate. The more detail the better.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
peterkrich

Postby eight9offsuit » 02. July 2006 01:05

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/faq-xam ... ml#upgrade

That's unfortunatly the only help I'm able to offer, so if that doesn't work for you, maybe someone else can help out. Good luck.
eight9offsuit

Postby peterkrich » 05. July 2006 11:39

eight9offsuit,

Thanks for the thoughts. As I read the info, that will not work for the jump from 1.4 to 1.5 I think I need to do it manually and what I don't know is what I need to protect against losing. I know the html files will be deleted, but which config files I need to keep a copy of and what to do with the mysql databases I am still unsure about (or any other files)
peterkrich

Upgrade Success

Postby peterkrich » 10. July 2006 11:40

Friends,

In an effort to give back to this forum, I post the results of my upgrade experience. I did an export of my mysql databases (I think) and I made a duplicate of the whole /opt/lampp directory (on the theory you can never be too safe). I then did an install of the newest XAMPP.

All went well. The install kept all of my settings and config files and appears to have kept all of my databases. The only thing I seem to have had to recreate was the users and passwords in mysql. Other than that all seems to have gone without a hitch.
peterkrich

Return to XAMPP for Linux