Still host website with ISP blocking port 80?

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Still host website with ISP blocking port 80?

Postby bobbi507 » 11. April 2006 20:58

I tried running a website on Windows using port forwarding to 8000 and it was unsuccesful. So i installed Linux because I heard it was more stable and ran Apache better. Is it possible to run a sight when your ISP is blocking port 80? What is the best way to go about it? I have my own domain name. And I have A records pointing at it. Like I said I used zoneedit to have traffic redirected to 8000 but always when I would connect through proxy it would send me to localhost addresses and that is not what I want. I put referral links up on my sight and if people click on them and it has localhost in them, well there are a million localhost on the net! Some of the scripts I use are precompiled and I cannot edit them, other people have suggested editing the scripts, that is not an option. I think it is just a networking problem but I cannot figure out what I am missing. I would like my pc to run as server I do not know how to get there with that darn port blocking.I think they even have my ftp and smtp ports blocked are there alternate ports I can use? what a mess! How can I use Xamp to run pc as server? Anyone have any ideas or can point me in the right direction to where I can read about it to figure it out? Thanks.
bobbi507

Return to XAMPP for Linux