Run PHP as script owner -- Any help MUCH appreciated

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Run PHP as script owner -- Any help MUCH appreciated

Postby dougknows » 27. January 2006 00:57

Hello all,

I'd like to start off with saying that XAMPP is amazing. I have a reasonable amount of linux and windows administration experience, and I spent 2 1/2 full days to no avail trying to get much of the software included with XAMPP working... you all do a very remarkable thing here, thanks!

On to my problem... I think I finally got it to stop redirecting my virtual host to /xampp/, but I use my php scripts to generate several different-sized images of file uploads using PHP's gd capabilities. The problem I'm running in to is that I need the PHP script to run as the user that owns the script instead of nobody. That way, when the images are created, they can be output into an images folder and will be owned by the user that owns the .php script.

I've added SuexecUserGroup directive to the virtual host, but that doesn't seem to matter. Is there any way I can get this to work??

Additionally, if I try to upload a large file, I get an error about not being able to allocate more memory. Can anyone hint where I might find this?

Thank goodness, finally a project that hasn't already been abandoned and has what looks to be a very friendly user community! =) Thanks!

Doug
dougknows

Return to XAMPP for Linux