Password problems

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Password problems

Postby Thulemanden » 24. January 2006 02:02

Have it all set up again after some problems:

I was warned in myphpadmin that there were no passwords for root in mysql, so I added both in the interface, for linux and for localhost.

After that mysql was too broken. I deleted lots of stuff (very hard), rebooted and finally had xampp working again. This time I took heed and only created the first password for linux and it still works.

Thus no password for localhost.

How come this all is happening?

later:
I ran the "lampp security" command and was guided to instate some passwords. After that the simple html page I was viewing required an initial password with lampp as user. Now I don't want my users/visitors (the world) to be barred by a password to my production webserver, so the password requirement for viewing html-files need to be removed. How can I do that?
Thulemanden

Maybe this:)

Postby cmanwalking » 24. January 2006 03:53

:)
I just setup the XAMPP as same asyou. Maybe I can give you some advice:

First: The mysql password that you has set is required when the programs try to link mysql database. Then you should check the file " config.inc.php", you will find the "root" user with the empty password. Then, input the right password and save the file, reboot the XAMPP...
Oh, the file "config.inc.php" is in: /usr/opt/lampp/phpmyadmin.

Second: "lampp security" can give you a chance to setup the important passwords to protect your system and files. It is a good way to do that. When you want to remove it , you can ran the comand:"lampp security" agian, and input the empty passwords....
cmanwalking

Return to XAMPP for Linux