restoring xampp(solved)

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

restoring xampp(solved)

Postby njiggs » 25. September 2005 22:21

i had to reinstall linux..so had backed up my xampp data as said in the linux faq ..(/opt/lampp/lampp backup)..i got a file that was around 7 mb in size(how come so small?!?)..now i try restoring it and i get this error..

Code: Select all
Please install a vanilla XAMPP first
xampp-backup-25-09-05.sh: line 68: /opt/lampp/share/lampp/lampplib: No such file or directory

EDIT(26/9):- just realized that i need to install xampp first and then restore the old database..worked like a charm..thanks!! xampp rules!!

is it that my original backup file that was created was smaller than it should be or is something else gone wrong?

btw, i had backed up my entire / too just in case i needed something..and that includes the entire /opt folder too..is there a way to restore my previous xampp stuff from there? maybe just extract it? will that work?
njiggs

Re: restoring xampp(solved)

Postby Kristian Marcroft » 27. September 2005 12:26

njiggs wrote:btw, i had backed up my entire / too just in case i needed something..and that includes the entire /opt folder too..is there a way to restore my previous xampp stuff from there? maybe just extract it? will that work?

hi,

yes it will..

So long
KriS
Kristian Marcroft
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Linux