database problem on migration from Lampp 1.4.9a to 1.4.12

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

database problem on migration from Lampp 1.4.9a to 1.4.12

Postby argie01 » 10. March 2005 10:25

Hello,

I have a problem when I upgrade from lampp 1.4.9a to 1.4.12.
I have several webs running with mysql, php and java. Before to upgrading I did a mysqldump using this command:

mysqldump -A -Q --opt --allow-keywords -uroot -p > /opt/backup.sql

Then, after the new server (new installation) 1.4.12 is running, I recover the databases running this command:

mysql -uroot -p < /opt/backup.sql

But then the problems begins... :) Some webs pages can't connect to its databases, and in the file catalina.out (i'm running Tomcat 4.1.18, because the webs only needs Tomcat to run) there is this message:

java.sql.SQLException: Communication link failure: java.io.IOException, underlying cause: Unexpected end of input stream

Now I know there are several differences between mysql 4.0.21 (lampp 1.4.9a) and mysql 4.1.10 (lampp 1.4.12).
I was reading the articles on mysql.net, about how to migrate from one version to another, but I think I can't understand very well what I have to do. But I think my problem is with the new password's format.
But even when I run this command, the error continue:

mysql_fix_privilege_tables root_password

So, anyone can tell exactly how to migrate the databases and users from the lampp 1.4.9a to 1.4.12 ??

Thank you very much.
argie01

Return to XAMPP for Linux