XAMPP 8.1.6 & Arch Liux: PHP Imagick extension problem

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP 8.1.6 & Arch Liux: PHP Imagick extension problem

Postby kubikanber » 22. May 2022 11:46

Hi,

I downloaded and installed XAMPP 8.1.6 on Arch Linux (xampp-linux-x64-8.1.6-0-installer.run). Everything works great. But I was not lucky to add "php imagick" extension to XAMPP. I installed the ImageMagick package on Arch Linux with pacman and then followed the installation instructions for installing php-imagick. (https://github.com/Imagick/imagick)
Code: Select all
 # cd /opt/lampp
 # git clone https://github.com/Imagick/imagick
 # cd imagick
 # /opt/lampp/bin/phpize && ./configure --with-php-config=/opt/lampp/bin/php-config
 # make
 # make install

and after adding "extension=imagick.so" to php.ini file and restarting xampp, imagick is not showing in php info page. I get this error message when I check the installed modules with the command.
# /opt/lampp/bin/php -m

"Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imagick.so' (tried: /opt/lampp/imagick/modules/imagick.so (/usr/lib/libharfbuzz.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var), / opt/lampp/imagick/modules/imagick.so.so (/opt/lampp/imagick/modules/imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
"

Is there a problem with "libharfbuzz.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var" in XAMPP? because when I install PHP 8.1.6 and php-imagick extension over Arch linux packages and check with
# php -m
command, there is no problem. The imagick module is there and working. But for XAMPP this system does not work. :?
kubikanber

XAMPP version: 8.1.6
Operating System: arch linux

Re: XAMPP 8.1.6 & Arch Liux: PHP Imagick extension problem

Postby kubikanber » 23. May 2022 10:27

Correction: Error messages were mixed in the message I wrote earlier. Corrected version,
I get this error message when I check the installed modules with the 'make test' command.
# make test

"Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imagick.so' (tried: /opt/lampp/imagick/modules/imagick.so (/usr/lib/libharfbuzz.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var), / opt/lampp/imagick/modules/imagick.so.so (/opt/lampp/imagick/modules/imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
"

when i check
# /opt/lampp/bin/php -m

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imagick.so' (tried: /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/imagick.so (/usr/lib/libharfbuzz.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var), /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/imagick.so.so (/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20210902/imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

This error message "(/usr/lib/libharfbuzz.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var)"; I think it's due to a conflict with the Freetype library associated with libharfbuzz. Maybe Freetype needs to be updated.
kubikanber

XAMPP version: 8.1.6
Operating System: arch linux

Re: XAMPP 8.1.6 & Arch Liux: PHP Imagick extension problem

Postby 3xploiton3 » 03. March 2024 12:29

i have same issue

❯ /opt/lampp/bin/php -m
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imagick.so' (tried: /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20220829/imagick.so (/usr/lib/libharfbuzz.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Get_Color_Glyph_Layer), /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20220829/imagick.so.so (/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20220829/imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

install all relate libharfbuzz package, doesn't work

3xploiton3

XAMPP version: 8.2.12
Operating System: Arch Linux

Return to XAMPP for Linux