Phpmyadmin denied access - localhost

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Phpmyadmin denied access - localhost

Postby panconjugo » 25. June 2018 19:05

Hello everyone,

I am having problems trying to work with xampp in Ubuntu (18.04 LTS) everytime I reboot my computer and then run xampp I get a denied access in phpmyadmin and if I have a wordpress instalation it says "Error establishing a database connection" so I always try to keep my computer on. Why is this happening and how can I solve it?

Some errors I get in phpmyadmin:

- mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): Connection refused.
- Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed.
- phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection XAMPP. (and that I should check host, username, etc. in config.inc.php).

Any tip would be appreciated,
Thanks.
panconjugo

XAMPP version: 7.2.6-0
Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Re: Phpmyadmin denied access - localhost

Postby Andry » 10. July 2018 09:26

I have the same problem on I start mysql
Andry

XAMPP version: 7.2.6
Operating System: Ubuntu 18.4

Re: Phpmyadmin denied access - localhost

Postby Nobbie » 10. July 2018 12:13

That usually happens when you have another MySQL instance running on your Ubuntu instead of Xampps MySQL. Run a "ps -fe" in a shell and watch out for "mysqld" process, there is probably one running NOT in /opt/lampp but somewhere else.

Its on you to determine WHY you are running another MySQL instance and IF you can de-install it. If you want to use Xampp, you MUST NOT run a different MySQL installation on your PC. Ubuntu comes with a very handy software installer/deinstaller where you can also look for MySQL and also can deinstall it.

Didnt you receive an error message when trying to start Xampp (sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start)? I am pretty sure it told you that MySQL cannot be started, as already another process is up and running on Port 3306.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Linux