problem with mail function.. some send some dont'

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

problem with mail function.. some send some dont'

Postby SpiceLMF » 27. January 2005 19:10

Hey. I tried to search this topic but really couldn't find something that would help.

I'm running the program Mail Express Lite as my mail server now i have 3 different scripts that send email. First is my message board with phpbb, this works completely fine it sends through the address I want. Second is my coppermine photo gallery, this continues to send through postmaster@localhost which causes an error constantly. Third is my fanlisting script from codegrrl.com, this also will only send through postmaster@localhost.

I've configured my php.ini file to have the line
sendmail_from = webmaster@certaintragedy.com

now I believe everything in my scripts are configured correctly also. I have this email address listed as the email to use. These all worked previously before I installed xampp

Any ideas? Is there something else I need to configure? I feel as if mercury is somehow causing the problem because that's the only thing that i see uses postmaster@localhost.. is there a way to get rid of mercury and it's settings?

Thanks so much in advanced
SpiceLMF

Postby SpiceLMF » 28. January 2005 00:26

also just a little bit more information..

i looked in the phpinfo and it states sendmail_from postmaster@localhost

i would expect phpinfo to draw it's information from the php.ini.. and i know i have the php.ini right.. so any help would be great
SpiceLMF

Postby taustin » 04. February 2005 18:21

Have you restarted Apache since you edited php.ini? If so, which php.ini file did you edit? Make certain it's the one listed in php.info, near the top, under "Configuration File (php.ini) Path" Xampp has it in a non-standard location. But php.info shows what it got from the php.ini file that's actually being used.

The reason phpbb is working is because it includes its own SMTP engine, rather than using the one built in to PHP (which is weak, at best).
taustin

Postby SpiceLMF » 04. February 2005 23:28

taustin wrote:Have you restarted Apache since you edited php.ini? If so, which php.ini file did you edit? Make certain it's the one listed in php.info, near the top, under "Configuration File (php.ini) Path" Xampp has it in a non-standard location. But php.info shows what it got from the php.ini file that's actually being used.

The reason phpbb is working is because it includes its own SMTP engine, rather than using the one built in to PHP (which is weak, at best).

i edited the correct file.. in fact i edited all of them to be sure. nothing i did would work.. i ended up just completely reinstalling xampp and changing that before i made any other changes.. it works fine now

thanks though
SpiceLMF

Return to XAMPP for Windows