install question

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

install question

Postby uslic001 » 18. November 2004 20:13

I installed Apache/MySQL/PERL by hand on my home computer last year. I am at work and am not sure of the versions. I just installed xammp on my office computer and am impressed at how easy it was and how well everything works together. If I want to install xammp at home do I need to uninstall the other versions of Apache/MySQL/PERL first?
uslic001

Re: install question

Postby MacDaddy » 18. November 2004 21:23

uslic001 wrote:I installed Apache/MySQL/PERL by hand on my home computer last year. I am at work and am not sure of the versions. I just installed xammp on my office computer and am impressed at how easy it was and how well everything works together. If I want to install xammp at home do I need to uninstall the other versions of Apache/MySQL/PERL first?

it would be a good idea if thay are running as services couse xampps Apache and MySQL wont start if the ports are being used. or you can just uninstall them as services ;)

Ohh and i have found that you can copy and past your MySQL batabases into the new MySQL that comes with xampp. i was useing MySQL version 4.0.20d and i copy and pasted from that database to the one in xampp and works. well it did for me i copyed a forum databas and it all works so hope it helps
MacDaddy

Return to XAMPP for Windows