data recovery

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

data recovery

Postby thedartgod » 17. April 2024 02:01

I joined this community in February 2018 when I began using XAMPP in my development of a web app for my dart league. I had 2 issues during 2018: 1 in February and 1 in September. My postings here had timely responses that helped me fix those issues. I continued, without difficulty, development thru 2018 and into early 2020. COVID then put the kabosh on the league and it has not come back. Very little development and no problems until about 2 weeks ago.

I have no idea what happened, but all of a sudden phpMyAdmin showed one of my tables as "in use" and reports that "Table ... doesn't exist in engine". I confess I made several unsuccessful attempts to recover the table, ending with restoring the entire XAMPP directory from an Acronis backup. After that, mysqld.exe would crash.

Until Sunday I was using the Win32 Ver 7.2.1.0 of XAMPP; I downloaded and installed the X64 Ver 8.2.12 of XAMPP that day. As a result, the issue with mysqld.exe is resolved and my Apache and MySQL servers work just fine.

I have the ".frm" and ".ibd" files for my database. I copied them to the mysql/data directory but the phpMyAdmin shows all tables as "in use" and trying to browse any of them returns the "doesn't exist error" referenced above.

Can anyone help me get my data back?
thedartgod

XAMPP version: win32-7.2.1-0
Operating System: Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows