mysqlclient not recognized in Django

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

mysqlclient not recognized in Django

Postby Emanstone » 27. February 2024 10:14

I got this error on trying to install Xampp:
'Important! Because an activated User Account Control(UAC) on your system some functions of Xampp are possibly restricted. With UAC please avoid to install Xampp to C:\Program Files(missing write permissions). Or deactivate UAC with msconfig after this setup'
If i go ahead and install xampp, then mysqlclient module is not seen by the project. I also get the warning that xampp doesn't have admin previledges. If I give xampp admin previledges, I see 'x' mark on my xampp interface against Apache, Mysql & Tomcat. Even installing in another directory hasn't worked either. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

If i go ahead and install xampp, then mysqlclient module is not seen by the project. I also get the warning that xampp doesn't have admin previledges. If I give xampp admin previledges, I see 'x' mark on my xampp interface against Apache, Mysql & Tomcat. Even installing in another directory hasn't worked either. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Emanstone

XAMPP version: 8.0.30 / PHP 8.0.30
Operating System: windows 10

Re: mysqlclient not recognized in Django

Postby Nobbie » 27. February 2024 11:45

What do you mean by "mysqlclient module is not seen"? Please provide the full error message and a full description of the error.
Nobbie

Postby Emanstone » 27. February 2024 12:27

After installation of mysqlclient and i try to run my server, It returns this error Did you install mysqlclient? Also read through my Question full description..
Emanstone

Postby Nobbie » 28. February 2024 00:37

I dont know mysqlclient and dont know your server. If you cannot explain better, nobody can help.
Nobbie

Postby Emanstone » 28. February 2024 07:23

This exact error I get on my vs code terminal after installing mysqlclient in my virtual environment and switching database on my settings.py is : raise ImproperlyConfigured(
django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Error loading MySQLdb module.
Did you install mysqlclient?
Emanstone

Postby Nobbie » 28. February 2024 12:27

No. Mysqlclient is a python api, Xampp does not come with Python. And Xampp does not come with MySql, but with MariaDB. I dont know if mysqlclient runs with MariaDB.

I think you should not install Xampp, which does not come from the Ubuntu repository. Instead use Apache, Php, Mysql, Python etc. from the Ubuntu repository.

P.S.: Oops, i mixed it up with another request. You are Windows user, i have no clue about Python or mysqlclient in Windows environment.
Nobbie

Postby Emanstone » 29. February 2024 18:05

It's ok. I am still waiting for windows focused solution. This thing is giving me headache. I might have to format my Laptop and start afresh if no solution is forthcoming, even from this community.
Emanstone

Postby Emanstone » 04. March 2024 12:09

This community has not been helpful. I'll look elsewhere.
Emanstone

Return to XAMPP for Windows