XAMPP & IPv6 - XAMPP 8.0.1 64-Bit - I think

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP & IPv6 - XAMPP 8.0.1 64-Bit - I think

Postby beaner » 13. February 2024 22:48

In the last couple of days I had to reinstall Win 11 on one PC on my LAN.
I did have Xampp installed and working before the reinstall; was also able to access the web server from other Win 10 PCs on the LAN.
After the Win 11 re-install, I can see and access my web server for flyspray & Wordpress from the Win 11 PC, but the other PCs on my LAN - all Win 10 - can no longer connect and time out.
My suspicion is that the latest Win 11 install defaults to IPV6 instead of IPV4, but I have no way to really confirm, correct or work around this issue.

I can ping the Win 11 PC , I can access the Win 11 PC's drives, files etc via the LAN network panel from the Win 10 PCs and vice versa; just not the Web server
beaner

XAMPP version: 7.4.16
Operating System: Win 10 & Linux Mint 21

Re: XAMPP & IPv6 - XAMPP 8.0.1 64-Bit - I think - OK for now

Postby beaner » 13. February 2024 23:32

Seems solved - for now, at least.
After some more fiddling and restarting, for unknown reasons, running the xampp-control once more as admin offered me the option to allow the ports through the firewall for the services Apache, Mysql and Filezilla and after allowing all 3, I was able to access the web server from the LAN.

But, in earlier fiddlings I had modified the priorities as per
https://kb.firedaemon.com/support/solutions/articles/4000160803-prioritising-ipv4-over-ipv6-on-windows-10-and-11
and have not reset them yet.
Since it is all working, I don't dare touch things because I do need to get on with getting some work done
beaner

XAMPP version: 7.4.16
Operating System: Win 10 & Linux Mint 21

Return to XAMPP for Windows