How can I access my Xampp files with public IP?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How can I access my Xampp files with public IP?

Postby therealrobertjohnson » 08. January 2024 20:22

First off, I know this question has been asked so many times and I've found options online to try, but nothing has worked. The last time I used Xampp was on Windows 8 and I had no issues accessing with the public IP. I recently installed version 8.2.12 for Windows on Windows 11 and I have tried to access using the public IP but the page never loads. Could someone provide step by step instructions of how to set this up including configurations and port forwarding or point me to a tutorial already available that may help?

Before I get this comment, I know my public IP should not be used to access Xampp web server by others. I'm only trying to use it to send a family member some backup files due to him losing them and I don't want to upload them to file sharing websites. These files will be deleted from Xampp as soon as they finish downloading them.
therealrobertjohnson

XAMPP version: 8.2.12
Operating System: Windows 11

Re: How can I access my Xampp files with public IP?

Postby Nobbie » 08. January 2024 22:27

therealrobertjohnson wrote:how to set this up including configurations and port forwarding

As this depends on your Router and noboby knows which Router you use, nobody can advice how to configure a Port forwarding.

Anyway, isnt that a total overkill for only offering a link to some backup files? Why dont you simply use Google Drive to put your files and provide a link to your family member?
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows