Folder permissions

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Folder permissions

Postby Johanknock » 06. December 2023 15:24

Hi

I have installed latest version of XAMPP on Windows 11 and everything (almost) seems to work.
If I install Wordpress everything is fine, but if I then restore to a backup using for example "all in one wp migration" or "duplicator pro" things stops working.
The backup gets installed, but the write permissions to the upload folder gets removed, so I cant upload anything anymore.
If I check the folder permissions all users have full permissions.
Any ideas?
Johanknock

XAMPP version: 3.3.0
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Re: Folder permissions

Postby Nobbie » 06. December 2023 18:25

This is not a WordPress forum. You should ask in a WordPress support forum. We dont know WordPress, nor "all in one wp migration" neither "duplicator pro".
Nobbie

Postby Johanknock » 07. December 2023 08:17

Hi.
I understand that you are not a Wordpress forum, but my thought was that maybe it depends on how XAMPP runs the server, and that is connected to any window user that don't get the right permissions.
Johanknock

XAMPP version: 3.3.0
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Postby Nobbie » 07. December 2023 12:28

Xampp does not run Apache differently than plain Apache without Xamop.

If you run Apache as a service (a cross in the option before Apache in Xampp Control Center) it is running as "System" User. If not, it runs with your UserID. This is standard Apache behaviour on Windows.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows