multiple web pages published on the internet

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

multiple web pages published on the internet

Postby matiastito » 17. October 2023 17:56

Hello to this fabulous community. I tell you that I recently revived an old PC to use it as a web page server, since I have 5 domain accounts and 5 web page designs that I want to publish and be able to access from any device with Internet access in the world. I have looked for several guides and even here on the forum, but I don't quite understand how to do it and what to keep in mind to make it work. I already have XAMPP installed and with a basic configuration since from a browser and typing localhost/domain name, the browser shows me the website. But I haven't been able to advance more than this. If anyone is kind enough to help me make this project work, I would be more than grateful. Greetings Matias
matiastito

XAMPP version: xampp windows x64-8.2.4-0-vs16
Operating System: Windows 10 ltsc 21h2 x64

Re: multiple web pages published on the internet

Postby Nobbie » 17. October 2023 22:58

First of all, you need the help of a public provider, which has to assign your 5 domains to your public IP of your PC, or to your routers public IP (if you are connecting via a browser).

If your Xampp PC connects via router, you must apply a portforwarding in your router on Port 80, forwarding to the LAN IP of your Xampp PC.

Finally create a VirtualHost in Apache config for each domain name. See the Apache doc for help and examples.
Nobbie

Postby matiastito » 18. October 2023 15:29

Thank you very much for the reply. I'm going to try this configuration. I am the owner of the domains and I have access to the configuration to put the IP of my PC in each domain. What I'm not very sure how to do is port routing from my router, since there are 2 of them. Should I route both with the same IP? Thanks again
matiastito

Postby Nobbie » 18. October 2023 17:59

I dont know, why 2 routers?

You have to forward Port 80 to the Webserver PC. If there is more than one router, probably you have to forward both of them to the same target. I dont know your infrastructure, you *should* know it.
Nobbie

Postby matiastito » 19. October 2023 13:57

Yes, perfect. Thank you so much. I'll try when I have time and comment on my news. Thank you so much
matiastito

Return to XAMPP for Windows