Wordpress, working with woocommerce, and printful.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Wordpress, working with woocommerce, and printful.

Postby Lunarian3 » 27. July 2023 00:14

im pretty new to coding, and I am building a website locally. its almost done, except I want to work out my store before I publish it. I want to connect my printful/woocommerce to my site, but it wont let me unless I'm doing HTTP, which i have looked around, and I am not sure which one is the correct scenario. don't want to mess up my computer, so I am wondering where I can get a step by step. so I am able to use my printful account locally on my wordpress.
Lunarian3

XAMPP version: v3.3.0
Operating System: pc lenovo legion. windows 11

Re: Wordpress, working with woocommerce, and printful.

Postby Froosh » 28. July 2023 21:00

Do you mean HTTPS? A typical XAMPP setup (with Apache) handles HTTP just fine. It is possible to create a self-signed certificate and configure Apache to use it, I've played around with this and gotten it working at one point, but for me it was unnecessary, and just merely could I do it. Unfortunately, I do not have any notes related to how I got it to work. All of the information I used came from searching the web, reading, and tinkering. The information is out there, but part of the confusion for me was that said information was often based on Apache configuration from a few years back. It has since evolved a bit. The information is still valid, it is just that sometimes the configuration files mentioned have been split into several files. Good luck.
Froosh

XAMPP version: 8.2.0
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Re: Wordpress, working with woocommerce, and printful.

Postby Lunarian3 » 02. August 2023 22:48

thanks for the response. yes HTTPS. I don't know all the necessary terms but basically my woocommerce account wont connect to wordpress because its not going through HTTPS. one source said making my PC IP address Static. I was on my way of going down that rabbit hole till i saw a response here. I'm also seeing sources about opening command prompt, and doing some changes with commands, and i usually find something that has like 30 steps, and I don't even know if its going to have the end result im looking for. I think my biggest worry is that Xamp has a hidden feature to deal with this, and anything would be a unnecessary work around.

Update: I found how to make a certificate. this is the link to an Article that gave me instructions. "https://medium.com/@ajtech.mubasheer/setup-https-in-xampp-for-localhost-bc3d01393f31" following the instruction I now have Https://

I tried connecting printful, but it still gives me this warning "You can't connect to Printful from localhost. Printful needs to be able reach your site to establish a connection."
Lunarian3

XAMPP version: v3.3.0
Operating System: pc lenovo legion. windows 11

Return to XAMPP for Windows