Allow External ip in apache

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Allow External ip in apache

Postby islanublark » 23. April 2023 10:00

Hello everyone!

I wan to Allow an external ip in apache, Because I need to access the database with a program, the program returns the following error:

"got packets out of order. Expected 0 but received 1
Host '78.30.44.67' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server"

I have been trying to find information but everything I have found has not helped me and I still cannot solve the problem.

If someone knows how to enable access to the database from an external IP, I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much.
islanublark

XAMPP version: 3.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Allow External ip in apache

Postby Nobbie » 23. April 2023 13:13

Allow External ip in "apache"?? Why Apache?? Its an issue of MariaDB / MySQL, not Apache. Apache has nothing to do with that.

You simply have to create a (new) user in MariaDB (i.e. using PhpMyAdmin), which has sufficient rights for your database and is assigned to the host 78.30.44.67 (in PhpMyAdmin Formular for creating new Users its the second field "Hostname" after the name of the User). Its that easy. Instead (quick and dirty) you might use "root" User of MariaDB for connection, which may access all hosts with all privileges. You *should* assign a passwort for "root" though.

islanublark wrote:I have been trying to find information but everything I have found has not helped me

Really? When i enter "Host '78.30.44.67' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server" into Google, i get tons(!) of helpful links. Is your Google broken?

P.S.: You should explain more precisely, what your planning. Its not clear, where your Apche and your PHP script runs and where the MariaDB server runs. If you are planning to open a remote SQL Database via Internet, i strongly recommend NOT to do this. Some Queries may result in huge amount of data and in case your remote database is connected via Internet (instead of LAN), it might slow down dramatically, as LANs usually are way faster than Internet connections. Actually you should run Apache/PHP and MariaDB either on the same server, or (at least) in the same LAN. Its not recommended to separate PHP and MariaDB server via Internet connection.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows