Receiving Error Message When Quitting XAMPP Control Panel

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Receiving Error Message When Quitting XAMPP Control Panel

Postby SEklogW » 17. April 2023 02:33

Hello all,

I am having issues when closing the XAMPP control panel. I am getting an Access Violation Exception. I am launching the XAMPP control panel through the C:\xampp folder, right clicking on xampp-control, and running as an administrator. When I attempt to close XAMPP control panel, the exact exception being thrown is

Application Error
Exception EAccessViolation in module xampp-control.exe at 0025B292.
Access violation at address 0065B292 in module 'xampp-control.exe' Read of address 00000042.

This occurs every time I press the Quit button on the bottom right of the XAMPP control panel. If I X out of the window, the XAMPP icon remains in the bottom right portion of my systray, and if I reopen XAMPP control panel, another icon appears. I noticed this earlier when testing my class project, and there were 4-5 XAMPP icons in the systray.

I was under the impression that running XAMPP as an administrator like I was doing was the correct way to do so, but I am very new at using it, and any advice on the solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
SEklogW

XAMPP version: v3.3.0
Operating System: Windows 11

Return to XAMPP for Windows