Not Connect MySql unexpected

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Not Connect MySql unexpected

Postby protrebor » 22. March 2023 18:59

hi, I've been using the xampp suite for years, never had any problems. I had some local sites that I was developing, all of a sudden the server stopped responding, I did the backup recovery procedure, and ran as administrator. if it helps, it was after i inserted a plugin downloaded from the internet (free), and i clicked activate, and still it gave me the error "no plugin found" because inside the zip there was another zip.

now i restore the back up, but on localhost/mysite . ask me the wordpress installation , when i try to do again, tell me that the database it's already exist ... how i can solve the problem??
protrebor

XAMPP version: v3.3.0
Operating System: windows 11

Re: Not Connect MySql unexpected

Postby Froosh » 23. March 2023 14:01

By plugin I assume it is a WordPress plugin, but no matter. The actual plugin bits are likely in the other zip, which you could also extract. But you should also verify that your free download is legit before using it.

That said, you might consider that this forum is not really a WordPress support forum. Not sure what you restored, but based on the little information available, it seems that your WP site configuration is incorrect. WP cannot connect to the database based on the configuration it has, and then you provide it information for something that already exists. My experience with this, is that it is related to the MySQL user accounts setup you had not matching in the restored backups.
Froosh

XAMPP version: 8.2.0
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Return to XAMPP for Windows