IMAGICK doesn't install in PHP 8.1.12 on Windows 11

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

IMAGICK doesn't install in PHP 8.1.12 on Windows 11

Postby Geoff » 12. January 2023 08:28

IMAGICK does not show in Apache 2 PHPInfo or run in my php code after copying php_imagick.dll to c:\xampp\php\ext folder and CORE_RI and IM_MOD dlls to C:\xampp\apache\bin folder. Added extension=php_imagic.dll to php.ini
Running Windows 11 and php ver 8.1.12. Downloaded php_imagick3.7 – 8.1 ts-vs 16 - x64.zip. Checked that all 162 downloaded files are unblocked.
I don’t know why the PHP Warning below is trying to find php.imagick.dll instead of php_imagick.dll
Command Prompt replies below:
C:\xampp\php>php -version
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'php.imagick.dll' (tried: C:\xampp\php\ext\php.imagick.dll (The specified module could not be found), C:\xampp\php\ext\php_php.imagick.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found)) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'php.imagick.dll' (tried: C:\xampp\php\ext\php.imagick.dll (The specified module could not be found), C:\xampp\php\ext\php_php.imagick.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP 8.1.12 (cli) (built: Oct 25 2022 18:16:21) (ZTS Visual C++ 2019 x64)
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v4.1.12, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies

C:\xampp\php>imagick -version
'imagick' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Geoff

XAMPP version: 3.3.0
Operating System: Windows 11

Re: IMAGICK doesn't install in PHP 8.1.12 on Windows 11

Postby Geoff » 12. January 2023 18:38

Thank you, Christopher Becker - I copied an existing ";extension" over my imagick extension in php.ini and re-entered "php_imagick.dll". Imagick installed. It appears in PHPinfo and works in my code
Geoff

XAMPP version: 3.3.0
Operating System: Windows 11

Return to XAMPP for Windows