Xampp server is not loading my website!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp server is not loading my website!

Postby catherinele » 17. September 2022 15:45

hi,
our website https://thewordfeudhelper.com/ designed for wordfeud helper is just broken and we didn't have hosting backups for this website.

we have the older backup stored on our Xampp server. today, we tried to run the website on Xampp server so we could make some changes on it and upload it again to live server but it failed loading the website saying "the execution time exceeded".

can someone please let us know how can we overcome this issue and fix our broken website?

thanks in advance

Catherine Le
catherinele

XAMPP version: 4.5
Operating System: windows

Re: Xampp server is not loading my website!

Postby Nobbie » 17. September 2022 22:49

Its quite impossible to give any advice. The message onlys says, that something takes too long. Not the slightest hint of what and where and why. Finally, nobody knows your software.
Nobbie

Postby catherinele » 19. September 2022 13:20

while importing the database
catherinele

XAMPP version: 4.5
Operating System: windows

Postby Froosh » 19. September 2022 15:07

If it timed out while importing the database, you may need to configure some settings for MySQL or possibly phpMyAdmin. I know for one of the databases I imported into XAMPP I needed to do this. For execution time limit, I have this in my xampp\phpMyAdmin\config.inc.php:
Code: Select all
$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 0;

Depending on the size of your database backup, you may need to other adjustments.

Whatever you do, I would make backups of any files before making changes.

I think if you change phpMyadmin\config.inc.php, you should not need to restart Apache, but rather just reload the page before trying to import again. That said, restarting Apache would not hurt, either.
Froosh

XAMPP version: 8.2.0
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Postby Nobbie » 19. September 2022 17:48

catherinele wrote:while importing the database

If it is your goal, not to get any help, you are on a good way. As less as you describe, as better the chance to get no help at all.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows