Browser problems on webiste after Xampp installing

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Browser problems on webiste after Xampp installing

Postby Ross75 » 15. September 2022 09:50

Hello,
I'am working on a local webiste (on http://127.0.0.1/wordpress/) and all is going fine.
Then I load the site on a hosting over Internet, but I can't reach it with any browsers,
I always get the "Connection failed", even when Xampp is closed.

I see the site on other computer and mobile phone...

I tried to flush DNS but the problem persists, any idea on how can I
see the site on browser?

thanks,
Ross
Ross75

XAMPP version: 3.30
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Browser problems on webiste after Xampp installing

Postby Froosh » 15. September 2022 15:50

I think you may need to provide more details on the URL, and browser you use are. Also, any information from the browser's developer tools (depends on the browser, but most have this) indicate on the console, and possibly network tab. Another thing is Apache set to run from the XAMPP Control Panel.

If set as a Windows Service, it will continue running regardless of if Control Panel is running. Not 100% sure if this is also the case when not running as a Services and Apache is running when the Control Panel is closed. I suspect Apache will remain running, as it is a separate process from Control Panel.

With that said, in my environment, which has Apache (and MySQL) set as Windows Services, I can access both my local XAMPP hosted sites, and still access the related internet site, and other internet sites at the same time.
Froosh

XAMPP version: 8.2.0
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Return to XAMPP for Windows