Must restart mysql and apache often!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Must restart mysql and apache often!

Postby laplace » 26. October 2004 18:27

Hi

I`m using versjon 1.4.9 and cpg-nuke (a php-nuke clone) on a machine running windows 2003 server.

My problem is that my site gets very slow after some time and then gets uaccessible after even moore time. If I restart mysql everything works fine again for a new periode of time so I suspect the fault is there. As far as I can see I`m not the only one with this problem.

Any help might do me and others good, so dont hesitate to answere if you know anyything related to this.

Thanx

PS: And yes I will the rest if it works so that people having the same question dont have to wonder if it was any help at all..... Why dont you do the same when people help you?!
laplace

You're not a alone

Postby taustin » 26. October 2004 19:45

I have had the same issue with the current version, an the previous version. The web server stops responding. If I restart Apache, it works OK for a while, but flakes out again (and doesn't take as long). If I reboot, it works fine for a day or two.
taustin

Re: You're not a alone

Postby laplace » 27. October 2004 10:51

taustin wrote:I have had the same issue with the current version, an the previous version.

So this wasnt a problem on older versions? Then I see no reason for me to use the newest ones. Which one is the newest without this problem? 1.4.7?

Thanks

Laplace
laplace

Re: You're not a alone

Postby taustin » 27. October 2004 16:51

laplace wrote:
taustin wrote:I have had the same issue with the current version, an the previous version.

So this wasnt a problem on older versions? Then I see no reason for me to use the newest ones. Which one is the newest without this problem? 1.4.7?

I'm new to Xampp. Only used the current version and the one just before it.
taustin

Anyone

Postby laplace » 31. October 2004 15:39

Isnt there a single person that knows how to fix this?

Does this mean that all of you have this problem?
laplace

Postby Dave_L » 31. October 2004 16:15

Anything unusual in the Apache logs, or the Windows event logs? Are the Apache log files getting very large?
Dave_L

Postby laplace » 01. November 2004 09:45

Dave_L wrote:Anything unusual in the Apache logs, or the Windows event logs? Are the Apache log files getting very large?

No they er small, like 4 kb.
The only one that is kinnda big is the access log which is like 255kb.

My nuke database is 1,9 MB
laplace

Postby taustin » 02. November 2004 01:03

Dave_L wrote:Anything unusual in the Apache logs, or the Windows event logs? Are the Apache log files getting very large?

The log for one web site was getting a little large, so I dug out the syntax for rotatelogs, and we'll see what happens.

I don't think it's the size of the logs, though, as it's been fine for over a week now with the same file, ever growing. Maybe there will be something worth looking for in it, though, once it's split up in to daily logs.
taustin

Return to XAMPP for Windows