PhpMyAdmin export supply record unreadable

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PhpMyAdmin export supply record unreadable

Postby heriod » 10. September 2022 11:14

Hello everyone, I am new here and I would like you to help me.

The problem is that the nearby database is not exported (downloaded) with phpMyAdmin.
I created a new Joomla home page and now I really want to export the proper database to SQL.

The basic method is designed for me, I have executed it a multitude of times from the server.

But the report is not created or it is empty. I tried the method with many browsers, but only Firefox gives me the message "......Downloadsm3k8Yv8I.Sq.The item could not be saved because the source record could not be saved. be examined."

I've searched the internet for a while, but haven't determined anything beneficial yet. The export settings are the same as the server, that shouldn't be the cause.

I could just do a whole new setup first, but you can't just replicate the created database.

Maybe someone has an idea of ​​what they are capable of, or even a solution.
heriod

XAMPP version: 2.0.5
Operating System: windows 10

Re: PhpMyAdmin export supply record unreadable

Postby Nobbie » 10. September 2022 22:40

Your description is a pain and i dont think that there is anybody who understands what you are doing.

Anyway. Instead of using phpmyadmin, which is restricted to lots of PHP configuration, its far easier and quicker to use the mysqldump tool in a terminal in order to create a backup of your database.

Invoke mysqldump from the bin-folder of your Xampp Mysql installation, provide root without password as credentials and finally append the name of the database:

Code: Select all
C:/xampp/mysql/bin/mysqldump -u root mydatabase >mydatabase.sql

Thats it, replace mydatabase by your database. You will get mydatabase.sql as backup. Dont be surprised, this usually runs quickly.
Nobbie

Postby cb » 11. September 2022 04:40

Have a look at https://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=81847

You didn;t mention what vesrion of Xampp/PhpMyAdmin you are using but it is probably relevant
cb
cb

Postby heriod » 11. September 2022 12:45

heriod wrote:Hello everyone, I am new here and I would like you to help me.

The problem is that the nearby database is not exported (downloaded) with phpMyAdmin.
I created a new Joomla home page and now I really want to export the proper database to SQL.

The basic method is designed for me, I have executed it a multitude of times from the server.

But the report is not created or it is empty. I tried the method with many browsers, but only Firefox gives me the message "......Downloadsm3k8Yv8I.Sq.The item could not be saved because the source record could not be saved. be examined."

I've searched the internet for a while, but haven't determined anything beneficial yet. The export settings are the same as the server, that shouldn't be the cause.

I could just do a whole new setup first, but you can't just replicate the created database.

Maybe someone has an idea of ​​what they are capable of, or even a solution.

In all cases. Instead of using phpmyadmin, which is limited to many PHP configurations, it's a bit easier and faster to apply the mysqldump utility in a terminal for the purpose of creating a backup copy of your database.
heriod

XAMPP version: 2.0.5
Operating System: windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows