Running PHP after installing bitnami wordpress

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Running PHP after installing bitnami wordpress

Postby chewbaccar2 » 18. April 2022 17:36

Hi,
After installing XAMPP i understand you can run your own PHP scripts by placing php in the htdocs folder and running it using a url eg localhost/myPHP/somePHP.php
My problem is that i have also installed bitnami wordpress multisite and this redirects localhost requests to a local domain and therefore the above url doesn't work.
Is there a way to run php scripts that are nothing to do with wordpress? if so, how do i do it or where do i place my php files?
There are a couple of htdocs folders within the bitnami wordpress folder which i have tried placing my php scripts in but no joy.

Many thanks for any help
chewbaccar2

XAMPP version: 3.3.0
Operating System: Windows 11

Re: Running PHP after installing bitnami wordpress

Postby chewbaccar2 » 19. April 2022 18:32

I have managed to find a work-around which may help others having a similar problem. If you create your own php scripts folder in the wordpress folder structure eg C:\Bitnami\xxxxxxxxxxx\apps\wordpress\htdocs\myPHP (where xxxxxxxxxxx is the name of your wordpress folder), then you can run your scripts in the browser by entering eg localhost/myPHP/??????.php (where ?????? is the name of your php file).
I didn't really want to have my custom php within the bitnami wordpress folder structure but it does at least work.
I guess its a limitation when installing wordpress locally and redirecting the localhost to your local wordpress domain. Hopefully someone else knows a better way for windows users.
chewbaccar2

XAMPP version: 3.3.0
Operating System: Windows 11

Return to XAMPP for Windows