Permissions Error Under XP?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Permissions Error Under XP?

Postby cckrause » 23. October 2004 06:59

Ok - unable to get the 3 to work together, I unistalled MySQL and Apache, found and removed the php.ini file from the Windows directory (didn't want Windows to get confused).

Rebooted system.

Then I downloaded the installer for XAMPP.

I am logged in on the only account - which is an Administrator accout. I checked this under the users control panel.

Then I launched the installer. The installer works fine - as far as I can tell - extracting and saving all files in the target directory.

then - the setup.bat (I assume) file starts up automatically.

PHPcli then starts up - and spits out a string of "access denied" at me, and shuts down, saying that everything is now installed! Yay.

Of course - it's not. No idea WHAT is going on, and why am getting permission errors. Why won't this install? Any ideas?

[/url]
cckrause

Re: Permissions Error Under XP?

Postby bsp1315 » 05. November 2004 17:17

Remove all the previously downloaded MySQL, Apache packages. Then download the xampp package, install, and restart. It should start fast. Try it out.

cckrause wrote:Ok - unable to get the 3 to work together, I unistalled MySQL and Apache, found and removed the php.ini file from the Windows directory (didn't want Windows to get confused).

Rebooted system.

Then I downloaded the installer for XAMPP.

[/url]
With any dumbest question others may benefit
bsp
bsp1315

Return to XAMPP for Windows