Please, help me with Mercury

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Does everybody have a FQDN at one's local server?

Poll ended at 21. April 2003 06:58

Yes, a registered one.
No votes
Yes, my machine name+the domain name of my email account
No votes
No way
No votes

Total votes : 0

Please, help me with Mercury

Postby chanio » 14. April 2003 06:58

:oops: I have trouble with configuring the default stuff. I don't know where to start reading the help file. It happens to me the same when configuring LINUX's Postfix: what is my full qualified domain name?
I have a fqdn registered and I use it in a free site at Internet. But I think that I won't configure Mercury to fetch the emails from my pop mail outside, would I? I mean, I prefer to manage first my local machine, later might be I could add my fqdn from www.
Actually I am interested in telling Mercury how it can fetch-deliver the emails from-to Internet. I only see that I must declare a fqdn.
I pay an ISP for connecting and having an email address, not a site.
The connection is accessing by eth0 to a subnetwork of the domain-name.
My machine is named Aleteia.
Could I consider my fqdn:aleteia.domain.com ?
Where does my username and password go at Mercury?
:idea: An example would help me a lot. I know that Mercury is a good , very good product, but I always have trouble in understanding the way of configuring it.
I can't understand well this of the fqdn. I don't think that my fqdn is defined in any domain name list anywhere, so it couldn't be allright, can it?
:) Thank you in advance.

Alberto
Gallactic Firewall
chanio

Mercury is working fine- Read some Pegasus newsgroup setups.

Postby chanio » 04. May 2003 13:45

Hi,
Mercury is now working fine. I had got stuck with Network configs, and not very clear setup instructions. But setup is very simple. I read some Pegasus news and configured Mercury Ok. It is easy if you know what to do.
I will try to update my docs with some mercury config.stuf.
:)
Gallactic Firewall
chanio

Postby exidous » 05. December 2003 04:41

Hi,
Mercury is now working fine. I had got stuck with Network configs, and not very clear setup instructions. But setup is very simple. I read some Pegasus news and configured Mercury Ok. It is easy if you know what to do.
I will try to update my docs with some mercury config.stuf.

please read my posts below and tell us exactly what you did to configure mercury correctly. i am getting very frustrated trying to fix this myself.
exidous

Return to XAMPP for Windows