What ist the purpose of windowsXamppPhp-Subdirectory?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

What ist the purpose of windowsXamppPhp-Subdirectory?

Postby eddi27L » 03. July 2021 14:23

This question has already been asked here: https://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=78252&p=264994,
but with no response.

So I try again: in the directory C:\xampp\php there is a subdirectory C:\xampp\php\windowsXamppPhp. Most if not all of the files in there are exact copies of the ones found in the C:\xampp\php directory itself.

It's not a problem so far, but if files are updated in only one of the two directories it could lead to unpredictible behaviour, since it is not clear which component looks in which directory.

Regards
eddi
eddi27L

XAMPP version: 8.0.6
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Re: What ist the purpose of windowsXamppPhp-Subdirectory?

Postby Nobbie » 03. July 2021 18:44

Obviously (you are not alone) nobody knows what is the idea of windowsXamppPhp. Shit happens. Its that easy. I believe (but i dont know) that Bitnami (or the PHP development team) accidently left over this folder. And I am pretty sure you simply may delete it without any hassles.
Nobbie

Re: What ist the purpose of windowsXamppPhp-Subdirectory?

Postby eddi27L » 03. July 2021 19:57

Thank you for your reply. For the time being I renamed the folder and I'm looking forward what happens. So far, everything is still working :)
eddi27L

XAMPP version: 8.0.6
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows