HELP! I want to completely uninstall xampp but can't...

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

HELP! I want to completely uninstall xampp but can't...

Postby Zia3000 » 05. April 2021 05:26

Hi there.
Hope you are all well.

I decided to uninstall XAMPP on windows 10 because I wanted to just have a single site WordPress install on it but I had initially set it up as multisite. Tried to revert the wordpress install - it didn't work so i just uninstalled everything including XAMPP.

I was able to uninstall my original XAMPP install from the control panel.

I tried to reinstall and hit a snag and so I tried to uninstall and thought I would reinstall it again - but now it doesn't show up in my programs in the control panel!!!
But it is installed. It also doesn't show up in my start menu after this install and there is no uninstall option in the xampp folder like there used to be on my previous successful install.

Can you please help?

I am also now unable to restore my computer to a previous time.
At this point I just want to completely uninstall it and forget having a local testing site.

Any help would be truly appreciated.
Last edited by Zia3000 on 05. April 2021 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
Zia3000

XAMPP version: 7.4.11
Operating System: windows-x64

Re: HELP! I want to completely uninstall xampp but can't...

Postby Zia3000 » 05. April 2021 05:49

oh and also I installed it into my c drive - c:\xampp - but not into the programs folder. And it was the latest version which is: xampp-windows-x64-8.0.3-0-VS16-installer

I just don;t understand why it isn't showing up as an installed program in the control panel with an option to uninstall.
Zia3000

Re: HELP! I want to completely uninstall xampp but can't...

Postby Zia3000 » 05. April 2021 06:28

OK. I think I resolved this. I couldn;t manually delete the xampp folder because it said there was a file open. But when I restarted my computer. It worked and I was able to delete the xampp folder manually.
If there are any other extraneous files that I should remove let me know.
Thanks.
Zia3000

Return to XAMPP for Windows