error on quitting xampp control panel

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

error on quitting xampp control panel

Postby Raziel2000 » 31. December 2020 21:23

I get the following error message upon closing/quitting xampp:

Error Cannot create file "c:\xampp\xamp-control.ini" Access is denied is the first error. The second error is :
Exception EAccess/violation in module xamp-control.exe at 0025B2AE. Access violation at address 0065B2AE in module xamp-control.exe Read of Address 00000042. I get these two error messages upon closing/quitting xampp control panel.

If I start the control panel by right click and choose "run as administrator" and then quit, it seems to quit without error message. Is there any way I avoid the error when closing xampp control panel. Is there anyway to disable UAC for xampp only, if so how. thanks
"
Raziel2000

XAMPP version: v3.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: error on quitting xampp control panel

Postby hen-xmp » 11. January 2021 05:23

At least on XAMPP 7.4.3, this kind of problem had not occurred.
So I copied the file "c:\xampp\xampp-control.ini" in XAMPP 7.4.3 and paste it in later XAMPPs (like PHP 8).
Then no error occurred.

One of other suggestions is on "https://www.codermen.com/blog/159/fix-xampp-server-error-xampp-control-ini-access-is-denied".

Another is to edit the property of "c:\xampp\xampp-control.ini".
To edit "Access Control" for "Everyone" of the file's property to fully accessible might lead the same as mine.
hen-xmp

XAMPP version: 7.1.12
Operating System: Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows