If I uninstall xampp from my programs

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

If I uninstall xampp from my programs

Postby rhondachurchill99 » 28. November 2020 18:31

I know nothing about XAMPP, and I want to know the safest way to uninstall a XAMPP version for example 7.4 the folder name is xampp74 but I have other version XAMPP folders like XAMPP 7.1 and 5.6 versions folder. If I uninstall XAMPP completely from my program - uninstall/change program, I hope it will not delete my other XAMPP folders like 7.1 and 5.0, etc. Or if I delete the folder, it will completely also remove XAMPP 7.4 with SQL and other things.

As in the programs I can only see 2 XAMPP installed of version 5.6 and 7.4 which I recently installed. There's nothing on 7.1 and I want to know if I delete XAMPP version 7.4 from programs, will it or it will not remove my XAMPP 7.1 directory and it will work the same as it is with SQL and everything.
rhondachurchill99

XAMPP version: 7.0.15
Operating System: windows 10

Re: If I uninstall xampp from my programs

Postby JJ_Tagy » 28. November 2020 21:54

You should be safe to just delete the folder containing the version of XAMPP that you no longer want. If you have added environment variables or shortcuts pointing to that version, you will want to change or delete them.
JJ_Tagy

XAMPP version: 5.5.15
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Return to XAMPP for Windows