RaspberryPints with XAMPP 7.4.6 on Windows 10

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

RaspberryPints with XAMPP 7.4.6 on Windows 10

Postby hw59bg1 » 20. May 2020 22:32

When XAMPP installs everything, it installs mySQL with a no password. However, when attempting to install RaspberryPints, the RP installer requires the entry of a password for the mySQL connection. Even when I attempt to change the password via the phpadmin gui, it fails stating it cannot be changed. How do I go about adding a password to the mySQL installation so I can use that same password in the RP installer? Thanks in advance.
hw59bg1

XAMPP version: 7.4.6
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: RaspberryPints with XAMPP 7.4.6 on Windows 10

Postby Nobbie » 21. May 2020 13:44

hw59bg1 wrote:Even when I attempt to change the password via the phpadmin gui, it fails stating it cannot be changed.

What exactly are you doing in PhpMyAdmin and what exactly is the error message? I have no problems changing any users password in phpmyadmin. But of course, if you are doing so, your phpmyadmin (which is also a normal PHP scripts accessing MySQL) needs to use the new password in order to login to MySQL (if you changed the root password), therefore you must change config.inc.php also, after you changed MySQL user database. Otherwise phpmyadmin cannot login anymore.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows