xampp error Download failed .: cURL error 56

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

xampp error Download failed .: cURL error 56

Postby ichkeria » 10. April 2020 12:03

Hello

i've used xampp in windows and im not sure if this issue is related to WordPress, curl or xampp and im sorry for that

I have xampp installation in my computer where i also install WordPress on it, but it gave me an error every time i tried to update the plugin

in WordPress forum i was told to post a question on xampp forum, the error messages is

Code: Select all
Warning: An unexpected error has occurred. Maybe something is wrong with WordPress.org or this server configuration. If the problem persists, please try the support forum. (WordPress cannot establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) Download failed .: cURL error 56: OpenSSL SSL_read: No error

can someone help me? is it in wordpress fault or in my xampp instalation

my xampp version is v3.2.4

thank you
ichkeria

XAMPP version: 5.6.32
Operating System: windows

Re: xampp error Download failed .: cURL error 56

Postby Nobbie » 10. April 2020 18:34

Hard to say. Xampp does not come with any SSL certificate, maybe that is already an issue. Or there is an issue with a firewall, which blocks certain ports to certain servers? The WordPress forum should AT LEAST tell you, what is the meaning of that error. I dont know WordPress anyway and this is NOT a WordPress support forum.

Last not least I alway recommend to install WordPress on a hosted server, these are coming fully equipped and arent expensive. Running a local webserver is a sophisticated task and we cannot support all of these third party products.
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows