XDEBUG and XAMPP looking for troubleshooting tips

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XDEBUG and XAMPP looking for troubleshooting tips

Postby slowjim » 14. March 2020 17:19

Hello,

I realize that this is a support forum for apache and not VS CODE, however I really need help diagnosing this problem.

I am trying to use VS CODE with XDEBUG along with XAMPP. Following the instructions for installing xdebug and pasting my php.info file into their ‘wizard’, I followed their instructions carefully. I downloaded php_xdebug-2.9.3-7.4-vc15-x86_64.dll. I put it at C:\xampp\php\ext, then I added the following to php.ini;
Code: Select all
[XDebug]
zend_extension = C:\xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug-2.9.3-7.4-vc15-x86_64.dll
xdebug.remote_enable = 1
xdebug.remote_autostart = 1

Now, the browser cannot find ‘localhost’. Even though the XAMPP Control Panel v3.2.4 says Apache is running on ports 80 and 443. However, if I comment out the above lines in the php.ini file and restart apache everything works fine. I have successfully installed the same setup on another of my computers and it works there OK. Not on this one. I have looked through netstat and the apache error logs and I can find nothing there that indicates a problem.

Where else can I look to solve whatever is causing this problem? Any troubleshooting tips you can recommend?

Thanks
slowjim

XAMPP version: 7.4.3
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro ver 1909

Return to XAMPP for Windows