Documentation on how to update security certificate?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Documentation on how to update security certificate?

Postby FrankC » 04. February 2020 00:02

After just having installed the latest XAMPP, I still get browser warnings that the security certificate has expired. I tried adding an exception, but then my Firefox console still fills up with security warnings. See https://prnt.sc/qx3usd. And I don't wanna filter security warnings.

Where in the documentation can I find how to update the security certificate? I know there are articles on it out there, but I'd prefer one from the makers. And I think that should be available.
FrankC

XAMPP version: 7.4
Operating System: Win 10 Pro

Re: Documentation on how to update security certificate?

Postby gsmith » 05. February 2020 19:58

Why should they reinvent the wheel yet one more time?

FrankC wrote:I know there are articles on it out there, but I'd prefer one from the makers. And I think that should be available.

Technically they don't make anything, Xampp is just a collection of software made by others that Xampp collects it all and releases it as a bundle.

Besides that, they did create a little batch script that helps you make your own certs. It's named makecert.bat and you'll find it in /xampp/apache folder. Openssl 1.1.1 defaults to sha2 so any keys/certs you make with it should not come out sha1.
gsmith

XAMPP version: 0.0.0
Operating System: Win 10/2012R VS 14,15,16

Return to XAMPP for Windows