wondering how to install xampp with project embedded

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

wondering how to install xampp with project embedded

Postby Manuel75 » 29. January 2020 16:28

Hi all.
I made a project that obviously resides within the htdocs folder.
I wish I could distribute this project to users who don't have computer skills.
Now I wonder: is it possible to create a setup file that already contains the project and above all the settings of the php.ini file?
In addition I would also like to add the installation as windows services to both Apahe2.4 and mysql.
Is it possible to do this?

Thanks
Manuel75

XAMPP version: 5.6.40
Operating System: Windows

Re: wondering how to install xampp with project embedded

Postby nemesis » 29. January 2020 18:24

You can move your xampp folder to another ssd/hdd or usb thumb drive and run the setup_xampp.bat to adjust the path in some config files. When xampp is not in the default directory.
For service installation there is in the apache folder an apache_installservice.bat and for mysql/mariaDB in the mysql folder mysql_installservice.bat.
For a faster copy of your xampp installation, you can create an .zip archiv and distribute this.
You only have to stop your running processes of apache and mysql before you do this steps.
Ubuntu 18.04 | SMP P3 1.4 GHz | 6 GByte RegECC | 74 GByte Seagate 15k5 system | 3Ware 9550SXU-4LP with 4x 500 GByte Seagate ES2 Raid 10 data | StoreCase DE400 | PX-230A | Intel Pro/1000MT Dual PCI-X
nemesis
AF Moderator

XAMPP version: depends
Operating System: Linux, BSD, Win, iOS, Android

Re: wondering how to install xampp with project embedded

Postby Manuel75 » 29. January 2020 21:59

Hi nemesis and thank you.
Actually I’m trying to use Inno Setup compiler to combine all of these commands in nust one setup.exe file.
Regards
Manuel75

XAMPP version: 5.6.40
Operating System: Windows

Return to XAMPP for Windows