Xampp on server core

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Xampp on server core

Postby Mats » 24. November 2019 16:54

Hi.

I decided to test Xamppdir on Server core 2016.

I have found some issues that I don't know if there my fault (likely) or bugs/issues.
The installer runs fine but in the end it offers to start the control panel. If you accept that it fails with unknown error running explorer "c:\xampp\xampp-control.exe". I guess it's because there is no explorer.exe on core. It will start fine if i start it mnaually.

In xampp control panel i can start the appache and mysql softwares. The admin buttons doesn't work though.
If you click on config you cant change browser or editor by clicking on the browse button
Mats

XAMPP version: 7.2.24
Operating System: server core 2016

Re: Xampp on server core

Postby Nobbie » 25. November 2019 20:30

Mats wrote:The admin buttons doesn't work though.

Probably due to missing programs. I dont think that Xampp has been distributed for Server Core.

Mats wrote:If you click on config you cant change browser or editor by clicking on the browse button

Xampp starts the "default browser" of Windows.
Nobbie

Re: Xampp on server core

Postby Mats » 27. November 2019 12:48

I was not refering to a webbrowser but the open file dialoge and since that works in other softwares on core I still beleive it has to be fixed in xampp. Since the sourcecode doesnt seem to be public I can't take a look either.

same thing for other programs. what other program should it call to configure apache?
Mats

XAMPP version: 7.2.24
Operating System: server core 2016

Return to XAMPP for Windows