Cant find Apache/MySQL Service

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Cant find Apache/MySQL Service

Postby Norlig » 29. October 2019 20:17

Hi,

I have Xampp 7.2.9 installed on a Windows 10 PC.
It works fine, but I wanted to set up a Scheduled task for backing up the Xampp Folder every night.

net stop <services>, copy whole Xampp folder, net start <services>...

The Problem is, I cannot find the Services in the Services.msc list.
Checking Xampp control Panel, they are both listed as "Apache2.4" and "MySQL"
Net Stop Apache2.4 gives me an error, but the start/stop button in the Xampp Control Panel works.

Tried manually checking the services list if its called anything else, but could see anything that looked like it would fit.

In my <Start Menu\Programs\Startup> Folder, I did put the Xampp Control Panel shortcut some time ago, is it possible thats what is starting the services for me? (i.e I somehow installed it without a service? Portable mode?)
I have 2 httpd.exe processes running, one with -d D:\Xampp\apache and one with no parameters.
Norlig

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64bit enterprise

Re: Cant find Apache/MySQL Service

Postby marialp » 30. October 2019 21:25

Perhaps you can check if you are running the apps as a process rather than a service.
Running the control panel as an administrator you can see (at the beginning of the line a box you can check to install the service. If this box has a green tick you are installing as a service if it has a red cross you are installing as a process.
marialp

XAMPP version: 3.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Cant find Apache/MySQL Service

Postby Norlig » 04. November 2019 20:45

marialp wrote:Perhaps you can check if you are running the apps as a process rather than a service.
Running the control panel as an administrator you can see (at the beginning of the line a box you can check to install the service. If this box has a green tick you are installing as a service if it has a red cross you are installing as a process.

Thanks for the tip.

I now managed to install them as a service by checking the box (which was only available once the control panel was elevated) :)
Norlig

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64bit enterprise

Return to XAMPP for Windows