Cloudflare????? Solved but I have questions.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Cloudflare????? Solved but I have questions.

Postby moonwalker_repeat » 24. October 2019 19:28

So I am trying to set up a Xampp server with SSL setup. Over the past couple of days I made a bunch of different modifications too numerous to recall. Stupidly though, I was also trying some other modifications at the same time that I probably should not have done at the same time. One thing at a time eh? :P

Last night I finally just decided to uninstall and reinstall fresh and start over, this time a little more methodically than before. Right now it's a clean install with nothing more than a folder containing a simple html index file added. Working fine calling localhost and 127.0.0.1 only from the host.

When I tried to call the server using internal ip from another computer on the network, I was getting a cloudflare page stating accessing the server using ip is forbidden. I'd send a screen shot but I've since fixed it (I think) and now I'm really just trying to see if someone can point me to what I might have done that caused this. After getting the screen it seemed obvious that something I had done had caused a significant change on the host computer's system so I started digging around in folders undoing changes, then finally looked into the programs list and found three programs from Cisco. Uninstalling them seems to have eliminated the issue.

I am planning to get it set up with SSL again, so I am curious what I might have done to cause this so as to avoid the problem happening again.

BTW, this is on a Windows 10, not my Mac this time (which is why I'm posting here this time).

Any ideas?
OS X 10.9.5
XAMPP: 5.6.30-1

I'm setting up a proper server and only need advice to repair an old Xampp installation so I can move my sites safely without breaking them. Thanks for understanding.
moonwalker_repeat

XAMPP version: 5.6.30
Operating System: OSX, Windows 10

Re: Cloudflare????? Solved but I have questions.

Postby Nobbie » 24. October 2019 21:36

moonwalker_repeat wrote:Any ideas?

No. Sorry.

Never heard about "cloudfare" before, i dont use Windows anymore (i am on linux). I dont know anything, zero, Null, nil, de nada, nothing.
Nobbie

Re: Cloudflare????? Solved but I have questions.

Postby moonwalker_repeat » 24. October 2019 23:02

https://www.cloudflare.com/homepage/?utm_expid=.ZciQ4XLwQviNbA-JkP10ew.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cloudflare.com%2Flp%2Foverview-x%2F%3F_bt%3D378710649309%26_bk%3Dcloudflare%26_bm%3De%26_bn%3Dg%26_bg%3D72444011678%26_placement%3D%26_target%3D%26_loc%3D9002430%26_dv%3Dc%26gclid%3DCj0KCQjwl8XtBRDAARIsAKfwtxChoHD8Bd0lT-v56XweOTZ6yLgiaHwv03_pR3-q1wJecaX_pA6mVUIaArh1EALw_wcB

I'm pretty sure they are owned by Cisco but not certain. I think the programs I uninstalled were related to some bots I tried to use to create certificates. In any event, it looks like the whole thing doesn't matter any more. I've fixed the issue. Now let's see if I can break it again. :lol:
OS X 10.9.5
XAMPP: 5.6.30-1

I'm setting up a proper server and only need advice to repair an old Xampp installation so I can move my sites safely without breaking them. Thanks for understanding.
moonwalker_repeat

XAMPP version: 5.6.30
Operating System: OSX, Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows