Errcode: 13 "Permission denied" and Error on delete

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Errcode: 13 "Permission denied" and Error on delete

Postby WideGlide » 22. October 2019 16:06

I'm developing a Wordpress based website using the latest XAMPP release from Oct 9 2019 with Apache 2.4.41, MySQL/MariaDB 10.4.8 and php 7.3.10 using localhost on a Windows 10 machine.

Since updating XAMPP I have been besieged with errors similar to the following:

PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): (HY000/6): Error on delete of 'C:\xampp\tmp#sql35b0_ee_0.MAI' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied") in C:\xampp\htdocs\amc\wp-includes\wp-db.php on line 2007

WordPress database error Error on delete of 'C:\xampp\tmp#sql35b0_ee_0.MAI' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied") for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM wp_options made by wp_reschedule_event, wp_schedule_event, _set_cron_array, update_option

I have checked the permissions of \xampp\tmp 50 times with authenticated users, system, administrators and users all have full control. I have also deleted Wordpress and the associated data base and data tables several times yet the error on delete permission errors continue. I do not believe this is a WordPress issue since the only thing that's changed is XAMPP.

I'm seriously at a loss so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
WideGlide

XAMPP version: 3.2.4
Operating System: Windows 10

Return to XAMPP for Windows