Visit website with smarthpone from same network xampp is

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Visit website with smarthpone from same network xampp is

Postby fggz » 08. December 2018 21:01

Hello, everybody,
Although this is the first time I have installed xampp on my personal computer I have already managed to make it work with two public domains that are already visible on the Internet from any computer. But I have two doubts:
1º When accessing my website from the computer I have installed xampp I was asked to write username and password of the router. I solved this by typing 127.0.0.1 followed by the name of my domain and ::1 followed by the name of my domain in the windows host file.
But from my smarthphone android if I'm connected to the same network that xampp it asks me username and password presumably router but even if I put it stays in a loop and does not pass. However my smarthphone connects to the internet with data works great. Does anyone know if there is any way I can visit my website from my smarthphone and going out on the same network?

2º. Another doubt that I have is if at the time of creating the virtual host if only I am going to use SSL Is it is enough to configure them only for the port 443 or it is convenient to write also the configuration for the port 80?

Thank you
Francisco.
fggz

XAMPP version: 3.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Visit website with smarthpone from same network xampp is

Postby Nobbie » 09. December 2018 14:15

1) Sorry, but i cannot see any relation to Xampp. That is a pure question about your router (which i even dont know).

2) Only port 443 is sufficient.
Nobbie

Re: Visit website with smarthpone from same network xampp is

Postby rcaetano » 04. January 2019 10:41

So this has to do with your router. What basically you are asking your router to do is go out to the internet and then come back into my house and routers frown at that. You would have to setup your own DNS server and have the router use it to get around it.
rcaetano

XAMPP version: 7.1.1
Operating System: Windows 10Pro

Return to XAMPP for Windows