WebDAV problems in XAMPP in fresh installation

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

WebDAV problems in XAMPP in fresh installation

Postby dfousek » 07. October 2018 14:09

Hi !

I am trying (without success) to enable Apache's WebDAV functionality, following XAMPP instructions.

In 'xampp\passwords.txt' file, it is indicated to uncomment 3 lines in httpd.conf and user/password are given. It appears that it is not sufficient.
In 'xampp\webdav.txt' another pair of user/password are provided, but again it does not work.

I feel that WebDAV functionality has been left behind for several versions of XAMPP (probably since disabled by default) and XAMPP developers do not test anymore the released version. Still WebDAV is still very useful.

I appreciate any help. I am using XAMPP 7.2.10 and Windows10_x64.

Dimitri
dfousek

XAMPP version: 7.2.10
Operating System: Windows

Re: WebDAV problems in XAMPP in fresh installation

Postby Nobbie » 07. October 2018 18:50

dfousek wrote:I feel that WebDAV functionality has been left behind for several versions of XAMPP

Not really,

WebDAV is an Apache Module and its integrated in Xampp. Simply configure WebDAV as you would do in any Apache environment. WebDAV is not a Xampp tool or so, its plain Apache. Maybe there have been a working example in the past in Xampp, but this probably isnt supported anymore. but forget about examples etc., configure WebDAV as documented in the standard Apache documentation and/or in many tutorials. That *should* work.

Personally, i never liked WebDAV and cannot see any advantage superior to FTP. There are as well lots of good FTP servers, as there as also lots of really good FTP clients. All you need. Why WebDAV??

dfousek wrote:Still WebDAV is still very useful.

Because of what? Why not FTP?
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows