PDOException: PHP was built without openssl extension, can't

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PDOException: PHP was built without openssl extension, can't

Postby LarryTX » 12. September 2018 17:14

After running Yii2 v. 2.0.15.1 on xampp 7.2.9 (PHP v. 7.2.9) for months, suddenly, yesterday, I got the following error message:

Code: Select all
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin-lel'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
↳Caused by: PDOException
  SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin-lel'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
  in D:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\db\Connection.php at line 687
  ↳Caused by: PDOException
    PDO::__construct(): PHP was built without openssl extension, can't send password encrypted
    in D:\xampp\htdocs\public_html\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\db\Connection.php at line 687

Not only did this suddenly start out of the blue, but it only appears to affect Yii2. Composer, for instance, works just fine despite the fact that there are numerous postings on the Web about such problems with it.

in php.ini openssl and php_openssl is enabled, and phpinfo() shows openssl fully enabled and functioning with no problems.

I've tried everything that I can think of, and nothing seems to remedy the problem. At this point, I'm completely stymied. I can't do any development work at all.

If anybody can give me any suggestions, they will be most appreciated. I have posted a similar message to the Yii forum, but they aren't too adept at dealing with such issues.
LarryTX

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Return to XAMPP for Windows